Consent to sharing of information:
For the purposes of this clause the term “process” (as well as a derivation thereof) shall include collection, receipt, register, recording, organising, collation, storage, updating, alteration, consultation, use, transfer or sharing.
In order to render the Athletica Services, the Company and its Affiliates (“Authorised Companies”) may process any User’s information, including but not limited to identification number, home address, telephone number, date of birth. Training data and other information that is necessary or desirable for rendering the Athletica Service and/or administering this Agreement (“Relevant Information”). By entering into this Agreement, the User:
- Authorises the Company to process all Relevant Information and in particular to transfer and share all Relevant Information between the Authorised Companies; and
- Waives any privacy rights the User may have with respect to the Relevant Information;
- Authorises the Authorised Companies to store and transmit such information in electronic form; and
- Authorises the transfer of the Relevant Information to any jurisdiction in which the Authorised Companies consider appropriate. The User shall have access to, and the right to change, the Relevant Information. Relevant Information will only be used in accordance with applicable law.
- We will receive information regarding the type of activities you engage in (for example, runs, walks, swims, etc.) and data derived from those activities (e.g. time spent on the activity, intensity of the activity, heart rate, etc.). We will receive this information and data from your device, third party APIs, and when you use and interact with the Athletica Services.
- Subject to your explicit consent, we may collect certain personal health information such as your height, weight, or sleeping cycles. This information is used for activities including, but not limited to, displaying your biometrics based on these inputs and for purposes such as adapting your training schedule, and providing you with feedback, nutritional information, and new session aims.
The Relevant Information may only be processed:
- For the purposes, and within the ambit, of this Agreement;
- For lawful purposes;
- Subject to the Users or, in the event the User is a child, a competent person consents to the processing (if required by law);
- Subject to adequate disclosure of the purpose and intended use of such information;
- In accordance with the stated purpose and intended use of such information. In the event Relevant Information is required to fulfil a different purpose, the Company shall notify the User thereof and request the necessary consent prior to processing the Relevant Information for such purpose;
- Only for as long as the processing of such information is necessary in terms of this Agreement;
- Subject to the relevant authorised person implementing reasonable technical and organisational measures to secure the integrity and confidentiality of such information as well as prevent loss, damage, and unauthorised or unlawful access thereto.
Your personal information shall only be processed in accordance with the provisions of any applicable laws regulating the use of your personal information and only for the purposes of this Agreement, for lawful purposes and subject to your consent. The Company shall implement reasonable technical and organisational measures to secure the integrity and confidentiality of your personal information as well as prevent loss, damage, and unauthorised or unlawful access thereto. You consent to the collection, storage, and use of your personal information, including name, mailing address, email address, phone/mobile number, home country, zip code, fax numbers, gender, age, date of birth, training data, company name and registration number (if any), country of residence, closest city, browsing habits, click patterns, device GPS coordinates, identity number and/or passport number. The Company may collect from you certain non-personal information such as your Internet Protocol address, operating system, browser type, and internet service provider. You consent to us providing information about you and your Transaction to any relevant and applicable regulating and enforcement authority and/or agency. You authorise us, directly or through third parties, to make any inquiries we consider necessary to validate the information that you provide to us. This may include asking you for additional information, requiring you to take steps to confirm ownership of your e-mail address or financial instruments, or verifying your information against third party databases or through other sources.
You hereby authorise the Company and/or any third party service providers engaged by the Company to collect, use, store, analyse, reproduce, publish, and adapt (either on its own or through a third party service provider) the information in relation to your use of the Athletica Services, for the purpose of data analysis and for improving your experience with the Athletica Services.
How your information is used:
The Company may use your information which has been uploaded to Athletica, in order to:
- Enforce the provisions of this Agreement;
- Monitor user activity;
- More effectively manage traffic on Athletica;
- Assist you with technical difficulties;
- Provide you with information pertaining to Users to assist you to make choices and to protect yourself.
- Analyse data and improve the decision-making engine of Athletica
- Analyse and create reports on aggregated user data.
The Company may retain such information for as long as is required to fulfil its business objective.
Protection of Information:
The Company does not guarantee the safety or security of the Athletica Services. You acknowledge and agree that the Company assumes no liability regarding theft, loss, alteration or misuse of personal or other information or Content, including, without limitation, such information that has been provided to third parties or other users.