Have you ever wondered how technology can help athletes? In this position, your job will be to take part in the development of data science- and machine learning-based softwares which will help athletes by providing an adaptive coaching plan that adapts to the individual’s fitness levels, goals, training sessions and lifestyles, based on first principle exercise science. You will get to work in a small team and take part in all aspects of the algorithm developing process. However, your workload will mostly include cloud service related operations, database design and maintenance. You will focus on bringing the development version of the algorithms into production, working on our backend, mostly in Python.
- BSc or MSc in computer science or related field (or demonstrated equivalent level, such as through industry experience)
- Experience with cloud services and containerization technologies
- Knowledge of data science and machine learning tools and techniques
- Knowledge of the Python language and libraries such as Pandas and Sklearn
- Ability to prioritise and work remotely by yourself, with people with different backgrounds and within a team with an international profile
- Ability to think outside the box with a growth mindset
You’d move to the top of our list if you also have any of the following skills, knowledge or experience:
- Heroku and/or Docker container experience
- A genuine interest and experience in sports/sports science, coaching and statistics
You’d work within our small, passionate team. Your work will be valued, your voice will be heard, and you will be supported and contribute daily to the development of Athletica. This is a remote position that you will be able to perform from anywhere in the world that has good internet connection, with flexible working hours, while sometimes having conference calls or one-to-one calls with team members in different time zones.
Six month contract, with the possibility to extend, full-time or part-time to be discussed, and salary will be at the mid-market level Interested in applying? Send your CV and cover letter, outlining how you meet the skills, knowledge and experience of the position desired to [email protected]